Monday, September 24, 2007

1st Marathon ever!

So I completed my 1st ever marathon yesterday. It was the Fox Cities Marathon up in Appleton, WI. I must say they put on a great event! Many very supportive spectators, and the volunteers were top notch.

As a rookie would, I started out of the gate too fast and really hit a wall at mile 22 or so. My goal was 3:30 but I ended up finishing 3:34:40. As I saw the 3:30 pace setter run by at mile 22 I knew I would not be able to keep the pace. I tried to keep up but my body told me in no uncertain terms that I was not up to the challenge. Next time I will force myself to start out slower and run smarter.

My results were 94 th overall out of 853, 63 of all males, and 10th in my division of 35-39 year old males. I'm happy from the result and have learned a bit about long distance running.

Hats off to all the spectators, organizers and volunteers of the Community First Fox Cities Marathon!

1 comment:

Kirsten Korosec said...

Wish I was there! Of course, I wouldn't be running. I'd be passing you the vaseline.