Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A marathon and some chowda in beantown

I'll let Adrian give a rundown of what it was like to participate in the Boston Marathon (back in April). Here's what I can tell you: People from every station in life were geeking out about the event. Every where I went, I overheard people talking about race strategy or saw folks running. I don't care if you're a runner or not, it was hard not to get excited about the marathon.

I noticed a difference when we changed planes in Philadelphia. There were people all over the airport donning gear from previous marathons. Our connection to Boston had a dozen of other marathon qualifiers on board. Once we arrived in the cradle of liberty, the anticipation for the marathon was palpable.

The city itself exceeded my expectations. And the rainy day that followed the marathon didn't dampen our enthusiasm for the city. We bought tickets for a trolley tour and jumped on and off at various stops, walking between points of interests as the weather allowed.

Watch out for another post with video of Adrian's finish and photos around town.

No comments: