Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fox Cities Marathon Update

I finished with a 3:34 time, which was good for a beginner I'm told. My goal, which really had no sound basis for being, was 3:30. The plan was to follow the 3:30 pacesetter but I soon became bored with the slow pace and moved ahead....rookie mistake. At around mile 22 the 3:30 pacesetter, who was now alone instead of with the 8 people at the beginning, ran easily by me.

My quads were ruined for about 2-3 days after and when they recovered, I felt pain in my right foot just to the right of the instep. I stopped running for a few days and cross trained by road biking. The last two days I've been running again, nice and slow and not too long. It's better now.

I have, as of now, decided to not race the Colorama 10K trail run and instead focus on logging a long run on trails to prepare for the 50K ultra on Oct 14.

Next marathon I know I can do better! Boston qualify? maybe not, but I'll break the 3:30 for true with some luck!

No comments: