Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting for vagabonds

It can be tough voting if you've been in the woods for five months. Think of all of those hundreds of stories about Obama, McCain and even Hilary earlier this summer that we missed. How can I possibly make an educated decision about the candidates?
When I reentered society I thought, should I start from the beginning? Or simply pick up today's newspaper and forget about any relevant news stories that came out this summer?

As a journalist and news junkie I went back. But I seriously doubt if this is typical vagabond behavior. For one, it's not really realistic. Who has that much time? Oh yeah, I do.

During my search of the political archives, I stumbled upon these news gems. I know I am much more informed about issues now that I've read stories about Las Vegas strippers dressing up like Palin and how numberology proves that Obama is not the anti-Christ.

This is what happens when presidential hopefuls kick off their campaigns 20 months before the actual election. The news hole must be filled!

In celebration of Election Day - the first one in 10 years that I haven't been working as a reporter - I have posted a few more fun and weird political stories.

I also would be remiss to not offer up some interesting political stories from my friend, blogger and reporter Rob Mentzer. Here's his blog: http://amillionmonkeys.blogspot.com/

Or go to his pre-election links on his blog at the Wausau Daily Herald, his day job.

Finally, this has nothing to do with the presidential election, but any political ad that compares a candidate to R. Kelly is brilliant.

Here are some other odd political ads. And by odd, I mean really bad.

No comments: