Sunday, June 6, 2010

Deuces Wild Misc Photos

I drove through the White River Apache and San Carlos Apache Reservations on the way home. Starting at Fort Apache Historical Park I made my way south towards Black River. The way was tough for the Subaru and the going slow. I bottomed out many times and was quite scared I would have to backtrack. Turns out things went ok, except that I ran into a Ranger and got cited for recreating in the San Carlos Reservation without a permit. I was not recreating though, merely driving through on the way south to Tucson. Nevertheless, I was ticketed and now I have to contact the judge and discover my fate.

The country was beautiful and I couldn't help but imagine Apaches hidden behind the rocks and shrubs watching my every move. It turned out that, in fact, they were...








2 comments:

Jeff B. said...

Do you remember me from the Oro Valley 1/2 Marathon? Check out this link http://www.arizonaroadracers.com/data/AugSept2010.pdf

You will see the article on the front page is about us "windbagging" along the road. I know Lyle a little from the RoadRacers, but he didn't remember me. We both got to race free due to the same writing contest. Anyway I thought you would get a kick out of this. His e-mail is anderso1_54@msn.com

Hope you are doing well. Will I see you at Javelina Jundred or the 12 night run? Take care my friend!

Joel Reese said...

Great photos -- really made me miss the West!