Thursday, April 24, 2008

Goodbye America del Sur

Adrian and I left Argentina a couple of weeks ago. Now that we're back - and as I look through our photos - I find myself thinking about our next trip to South America, what we might want to see and whether we would do anything differently this time around.

If given a chance to do our trip all over again I wouldn't change much. Although here is my biggest struggle: travelers want to see the best sights including Torres Del Paine, Bariloche, etc., which means every gringo in the world is coming through these towns. The result? You meet lots of cool people, but unless you make an effort you don't meet a ton of other Argentines.

Adrian and I were lucky and we made some great friends from Europe, the U.S. and South America. I watched others stick to their own cultural group and I wondered why they even bothered coming to Argentina at all.

No comments: