Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 11, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: SLT
Miles: 0


Adrian:
Chore and zero day today. We hit the Carrows Restaurant, post office, coffee shop, hardware store and grocery store today. The bus system is not as fast as I'd hoped although it is effective.

Kirsten: I'm alive and well - just in case you're wondering. Adrian was a little too anxious with the journal and sent out a bunch of entries before I had a chance to write down any of my inspirational thoughts.

I tend to get a bit behind with the journal from time to time. OK, all the time. I seem lose motivation after hiking a 25-mile day, cooking dinner and settling into my sleeping bag. Not that I'm making any excuses.

So, what did I miss? Well, we've been hiking a lot. And there were mosquitoes. We met and hiked with Moonpie and Cuddles, some great PCTers. The trail's terrain is beginning to ease and I'm looking forward to pushing up our mileage.

So here's to all that's happened and my newfound commitment to keeping up with the journal.

No comments: