Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June15, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Sequoia National Park boundary
Miles: 20.5


Adrian:
Today we did the miles, but they were tough. We made it to the border of Sequoia National Park and we are already seeing some huge pine trees, namely the Foxtails. They look like enormous bonsai trees.

That's all I remember because I've fallen behind on the journal. It's hard sometimes when you arrive so tired into camp all you can do is cook, eat, and sleep.

More to come, stay tuned...

Kirsten:
My pack seems no lighter than it did the day we left Kennedy Meadows. This sucks and the miles are harder than I expected because of the constant and burdensome weight on my hips and shoulders.

The second half of the day was beautiful. We stopped at a small lake for dinner before pushing on for a few more miles. Rob's blisters continue to worsen - a byproduct of too-small shoes - and I'm worried about the next two days. I know that miles can be completed. It's just they are a little less fun.

No comments: