Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hostel Lao rating

Hostel Lao gets ***** stars. Location: Mendoza

I just edited my previous review from 4 1/2 stars to five because I remembered a few other details where the staff was especially helpful.

The price was right - 35 pesos (or $12 USD) , I think for dorms. They also have an array of double rooms from 90 pesos ($30 USD) to 120 pesos ($40ish USD).

The place was immaculately clean and had a great vibe. The pool was cleaned everyday. The staff were among the most helpful and endlessly patient with my many requests. The free wine at 8 p.m. didn't hurt either.

The inclusion of towels and fresh bed linens (virtually every day for dorms) was an added plus.

Should I go on? The place was secure and I never felt like my stuff would get ripped off. The breakfast was pretty standard, rolls, little croissants and mate, cafe etc. The kitchen was great to cook in.

1 comment:

suzy said...

I am assuming all these hostel/hotels were in Mendoza??? If not, city location would be "mahvelous"