Monday, February 4, 2008

Single women travelers

Since my return to Mendoza I've occupied myself with more Spanish classes and the occassional excursion. I've also managed to meet loads of interesting people at the hostel. I met some interesting women from all backgrounds and ages who are traveling by themselves. Here it's quite common to run into women traveling by themselves, but they've all said that back home their families and friends were concerned or just didn't really understand.

So, all you chicas or even the chicos out there ... What do you think of traveling by yourself? Would you do it? Are there places you might not go and why?

1 comment:

Sis said...

ok, I'll comment. I personally prefer to travel with someone. However, if that were not an option, I would feel much more comfortable/confident travelling either somewhere I'm familiar with or at a minimum speak the language. Otherwise, I would probably go w/ a group. Safety concerns are the main reason--I give you credit!