Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Success on Aconcagua!!

I just got back from Aconcgua and am very happy to say the expedition was a success! I stood on the top of the highest peak in the western and southern hemisheres. Since the Himalayan season has not started yet, it is safe to say we were the highest people in the world for the little while on top.

We battled snow and high winds every day and were the only people to summit on Ground Hogs Day, Feb 2nd.

Some thanks are in order:

To Kirsten, thanks for helping me train when I didn´t feel like it and for all the support. You are the best wife and best friend in the world. I missed you very much.

To Tanya, Sierra, Karina and Cormac, without your support and help, this would never have been possible.

To my Mom, what can I say? I love you and thanks for EVERYTHING.

To the Selbys, who are taking care of our affairs while we are on this trip. Without you, we´d have a lynch mob after us, not to mention the IRS!

And finally, as the Bar Fly would say, "To all my friends!!!!!", especially the climbing buddys. There are too many to mention here.

I´ll be back to post up a trip report and some photos soon. Now I have to find Kirsten in this city of 2 million people!

Chau!
Adrian

3 comments:

Sis said...

Adrian, CONGRATS on your successful summit. We're proud of you! Still missing you & your Godchild wants to know when you will be back at Oma's :-)

Love to both of you from all of us in Wisco!

suzy said...

Yeah Adrian!!! So happy to hear you are safe and sound and had the experience of a lifetime. Can't wait for the photos and the tales...much love, the Selby contingent XXXOOO

mvalenti said...

That's awesome! Congratulations.