Thursday, January 31, 2008

Asado at mi escuela

On Fridays the Spanish immersion school I've been attending has an asado. For those of you who don't know what this is .... well it's a barbecue. Most homes here have outdoor barbecue grills made out of brick as opposed to a typical grill found in the U.S. Meat is cooked with coals produced from wood, another difference fromthe U.S.

The group sitting at the table includes people from Switzerland, Canada, United States, England, Australia and one crazy guy from the Isle of Man.

The picture below is of one of my professoras, Patricia. She played several songs for us including one she wrote herself.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ok so this may sound really weird but I was just researching the Israeli- Palestinian conflict and I saw some information on the Isle of Man. I thought it sounded like an interesting place and I learned that it is really small and I thought of a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We will give one of the sides the Isle of Man as their own homeland this way we can "fix" the problem the way it was started (by giving a group of people another nations land) and create more conflict between the Isle of Manians and the Palestinians. What would your crazy friend think of that proposition? On a more serious note: ask him questions about the Isle of Man because I am really curious!