Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's fun trying out a new language at the pharmacy

So today instead of learning how to download photos - again - I spent the day running errands with Adrian. Yes, we're on vacation and we're running errands.

Adrian is leaving for Aconcagua tomorrow so we had to pick up some last-minute items, namely some antibiotics meds, which you don't need a prescription for in Argentina.

I confidently made my into the pharmacia and managed to adequately convey the message. Hoorah! As we left, I thought hey it gets kind of crazy up in the mountains, maybe you should bring some anti-diarrhea meds. So we headed back in.

I spoke to the same woman again and made my request. Blank stare. I opened my my handy translator and found that diarrhea is in fact, just diarrhea. I asked again. Blank stare. Adrian was about three seconds from launching into an embarrassing round of charades and sound effects when she finally got it.

I really need to learn Spanish.

1 comment:

The Analytical Creative said...

Charades would have been amazing. Get some pictures up girl! Best to Adrian as he starts his amazing climb. Look for another Infinity Project A!