Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Raining perros y gatos

This might get lost in translation, but I'm back in Mendoza and it's raining like cats and dogs. I arrived via bus around 8:30 p.m. and the river was roaring and the streets were flooded. My taxi had trouble getting to the hostel, but managed to arrive safely.

Unfortunately, the taxi driver and I had to haggle over the price a bit. It seems that because of the rain he felt he should be paid more. To be fair, they had pretty much closed the streets. We managed to agree on a price and everything worked out. And honestly, after debating with me in Spanish he deserved an extra couple of pesos.

I'm staying at Hostel Lao, where I stayed last week. Here's a link - http://www.laohostel.com. I've got a bunk for the next couple nights and then onto a double room.

1 comment:

Sis said...

Are you guys running out of money already? Stylish room; can't wait to see the veiew. (just kidding)

Seriously tho, I do live for the blog, keep it coming...maybe a couple photos of Mendoza or the host family neighborhood ;=)

Also, I heard AK made it to camp # 2!

Love ya!