Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 12, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Sky Lakes Trail Junction
Miles: 25.2


Adrian: This morning the sting was stiff and quite swollen. On top of that, it itches like hell. All day it feels like this.

We hiked past Mt. McLoughlin, a magnificent peak. Kirsten, Lorenzo and I were tempted to do the 5-hour detour to climb it, but we were low on food and need to get to our boxes waiting at Crater Lake National Park.

In the evening we hiked a short time with Don't Panic, something we haven't done since Idyllwild. That's over 1,650 miles ago! He's a great guy.

I heard Sparky is way ahead. Too bad, I would like to hike with him again. On we go...

Kirsten: Adrian mentioned being low on food. This doesn't quite describe my situation. I'm not sure how I got so low on food. I think I put all my treats and such in the boxes sent to Crater Lake and Shelter Cove. I have good food. There just isn't enough.

Moonpie has affected my food choices probably more than any other hiker on the trail. This time around I have bagels, blueberry cream cheese, carrots, apples, peanut butter and pepper jack cheese. You're probably thinking "Cream cheese in a backpack?" If its placed far enough into a pack cheese and other products like it will keep for about four or five days.

No comments: