Thursday, August 7, 2008

July 31, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: View of Lake Siskiyou
Miles: 22


Adrian:
We started a 4,200-foot climb first thing in the morning. Just when you think your 4,000-foot plus climbs are over…boom! It took from 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. to do 7 miles. It was uphill all day, and we hiked for 13 hours with only about 4 short rests to make 22 miles by dusk. Not the most productive day mile-wise, that's for sure.


Moonpie, Chris and Clean hiked with us. We found a nice large spot without too many cow patties. It faces east so sunrise should be wonderful with Shasta in the background.

Kirsten: It was a rough day for me. For one, I decided to take gum with me, courtesy of Lil' Wrangler. I chewed so much of it as I tackled the climb that my jaw was almost too sore to eat dinner.

Our progress was slow today. It was as if we were back at Campo. Tomorrow is supposed to be easier and I hope to put in some big miles.

No comments: