Friday, August 15, 2008

August 5, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Junction with old PCT, mile 1,684.5
Miles: 23


Adrian: Part four of the series will be continued...

Hi. I fell behind on the journal and won't be able to catch up, but I'll continue tomorrow. Please stay tuned.

Kirsten: What a slacker. To be fair I am usually the one who falls behind on the journal. I think about what I want to write while I'm hiking and will generally "catch up" every few days.

The climb today went well, largely due to our 6 a.m. start. We lunched with Beautiful, Gorgeous and Miss P. Later, Johnny Two Stoves, Lil' Wrangler, Cache and Chris showed up.

Beautiful has been carrying cardboard around with the intent of making small awards for some hikers. I think Lil' Wrangler was given smelliest fart. I concur with Beautiful's choice. One of these days I'll have to write about farting and pooping on the trail because I know you all secretly want to read about it. I mean, come on, it's the first thing that would pop into my mind if I had just met a thru-hiker. "So where do you ... um, you know, go to the bathroom?" Or, "How many catholes did you say you've dug?"

I'll spare our readers for now. Just know that at some point I'll write about the topic.

No comments: