Monday, May 26, 2008

May 21, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Swarthout Canyon
Miles: 20

Adrian: We skipped the Best Western and did another 6 miles after McDonald's. Maybe it was the guilt of our 2000-calorie meal or just that we felt like camping outside, either way the miles were logged.

The area from Silverwood Reservoir to here should have been boring but it was anything but. The chemise chaparral proved our close proximity to the Mojave and the cooler weather made us feel lucky. The arid landscape was eroded into grotesque badlands type scenes and the trail traversed some of the knife-edged ridges. Truly fun hiking in what could easily have been boring terrain.

Kirsten's IT Band is giving her trouble and we hope it will get better soon.

Kirsten: These days I seem to be able to hike more miles without all of the aches and pains I experienced that first week. My IT band is still a problem for me.

I recently met Clockwork, a physical therapist, who showed me how to stretch it out. He also suggested that Adrian massage my leg. I love Clockwork right now.


No comments: