Sunday, September 7, 2008

August 30, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Bridge of the Gods Motel
Miles: 0


Adrian: We'll head out tomorrow morning after zeroing today. The motel is newly remodeled and has a small kitchenette. Not bad.

Cascade Locks is a small town with a main street that's about 5 blocks long. It sits on the Columbia River and at the base of famous Bridge of the Gods. The hiking possibilities are endless.

Kirsten: Today was a perfect data to get off my feet and after three consecutive 30-mile days my legs needed a rest.

I had a huge breakfast and was stuffed most of the day. I still had room for dinner at the Pacific Crest Pub and later a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. The plan now is to make it to White Pass and hitch into Packwood for my birthday.

No comments: