Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 20, 2008 Pacific Crest Trail

Destination: Stehekin Lodge
Miles: 0


Adrian: Last zero day of the trip in the town stop of the trail! I spent pretty much the whole day on a couch watching college football and feeling crappy. I don't know what the cause is, but symptoms range from achy muscles, upset stomach and everyone’s favorite, "the runs."

We all ate dinner together to celebrate Moonpie's birthday, albeit a day early. My appetite was weak but I did manage to get down a salad.

Shortly after finishing the meal I went to bed early. I hope tomorrow is better than today.

Walk good...

Kirsten: I am antsy. I am anxious. I just want to be outta here and hiking on the trail. The weather has been perfect, so perfect that I think it's all going to end soon. Like tomorrow.

By the way, I have proven my psychic abilities once again ... most are hung-over today.

I am happy to be at Moonpie's birthday party though. We didn't think we'd be here for it so it's one good reason for our extended stay. We're staying at the Lodge, which is located along Lake Chelan. At the Lodge there is a general store, restaurant and the hotel rooms - all with a lake cabin exterior.

I should be fair, Stehekin is beautiful and if I wasn't four days from Canada I would love to hang around here. Tomorrow we're out and hopefully in Manning Park on Thursday.

No comments: